Tuesday, October 25, 2011

beta going into W3

I've been on the beta fitness for moms program for two weeks now, today being the first day I will go up 'the notch' on a few of the movements.

I have found that the hardest part about the program is to remember to do the exercises. I always seem to remember at a time when it's not feasible to do them - out and about, or nursing Leona, or putting her to bed, etc. Yesterday is a perfect example - I intended fully to start the 3rd week by first watching the instructions for the two switch-ups, and then forgot completely until this afternoon.

It's been good so far. Felt good. Feels good. Great to be on a 'program' in terms of motivation and a sense of support. Great to also have support from Judge (he knows how much I miss 'active' - and he misses me 'active' too - so though i.e. the strength movement is 'laughably' simple, he doesn't laugh at my current strength level).

The first week I think I got 4 out of the 5 days done (and one or two days where I did the first 4 to 7 movements, sometimes when I was taking my walk I'd do the first 4 in stride), and in week two I think I got in 5 days.

I've also made a deal with myself that I will not over-do it. As in I will follow the program specs for timings etc, and if I want to do more, I will do more in other ways than with the 10 movements, as I often get in the habit of competing with myself, which can easily lead me to go too far too fast, and then it becomes so big it's hard to make it into a daily life-style thing.

I have been successful before though - for example back in Vancouver when I took up running. Other times I've tried it, I've ran so far and/or fast the first time that I've felt like I need to throw up, and then I don't run again for a year or two. But that time I started with a jog around the block - literally, one block, as that is all I was up for. Next day I doubled it (two blocks, literally), and then it progressively grew until I was running more than 10k maybe 4-5 times a week - even getting up before the crack of dawn when it was frozen outside!

Sure I was competitive with myself (and others, of course, otherwise I wouldn't be me now would I), but I was able to do gradual progression. Key.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment