Right. So I had promised that the 'next' post would be the glamour shots.
Unfortunately you'll all have to wait with bated breath for about two more weeks.
We went and picked the photos this last Monday (Judge, his sister and I) - about 12 or so of just his parents (since it is their 30th wedding-anniversary shoot/our wedding glamour shoot, and we put the emphasis on them), 3 full family shots (which included two grandparents, six parents, and six kids - 8 people total...is my math confusing you?), then us and Judge's parents, sister-in-law guys and Judge's parents each one shot, I think one shot of just the three of the sister-in-law guys and one shot of just my nephew, one shot of us three (Leona was already past her acceptance point by the time we were taking the Owen family photos, but we were able to get one at least - her personality totally shines through :P), and then three of just Judge and me - one that will be made poster size for the make-up-banquet entrance that we get to take home after and hang...somewhere, and one that will be made into little cards for people to take at the banquet, and one more just because we looked so darned good.
Was pretty funny to see most of our pictures - it was written clear in our faces for a vast majority, as we had this-is-embarrassingly-stooopid-and-we-are-so-uncomfortable eyes and smiles.
For part of the shoot they had put Judge up on this high block so that he'd be 'acceptably taller' than me - and we just felt weird in all of those because it was so unnatural. Then luckily we got some in another setting before they brought in another block - but this time it was only half the height of the first, so it felt a bit better.
(Yes, I realize we could have just said no to the block, but we were perhaps too out of our element to be thinking straight.)
Now I am working on another dress for Leona for her to wear at the banquet - it is yellow and will hopefully go with my dress (hers is a deeper yellow than mine...if I'm remembering correctly).
.
No comments:
Post a Comment