Thursday, October 27, 2011

bananas...yum?

We've officially started our non-breast-milk-foods adventure!

First taster: bananas (time-frame - 2 minutes).

I stumbled upon the 'philosophy' of baby led weaning (previously it was probably just called 'feeding your baby'), and the idea of having the option to just feed her foods we're eating is super appealing (caveat: the foods are unsalted, safe for her consumption - both in terms of size and 'form' as well as ie no honey or cow's milk etc).

I don't think we'll be straight-edged about it though - perhaps sometimes some mush (who doesn't like butter-lathed mashed sweet potatoes?), and sometimes her eating it out of our hands (ie below you will see she chose not to take it from my hand with her hand but to lean forward and taste it directly).

Did she like the bananas you ask? I will let the pictures speak for themselves.




[She bit off a piece and then pushed it out]











Conclusion? I think it can be summed up with 'interesting'...what do you think?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment