When she saw the fall suit she was totally hyped, wanted to wear it right away, so I slid the arms on her and she walked around with a pink and gray penguin tux for a while before we headed out the door.
After hiking up to the spot we decided to start picking for reals, we took her out of the carrier, and I tried putting the boots on her.
Not a popular decision in Leona's books. At all. She stood there, feet planted firmly in the ground, 'a a a'ing to let us know this was not cool, reaching up for me to pick her up. I tried to lure her into trying them out, you know, maybe she'd surprise herself and find out it wasn't so bad, so I scooted just a little bit away and explained I wanted her to try and take some steps in the boots.
It was like they were nailed to the ground, then slowly she lifted them - like she was wearing some kind of magnetic boots and was walking on steel, and took the necessary two steps before she let me know that this really was not happening.
And that was that. 'twas a warm sunny day, so warm in fact that no jackets were necessary (!), and just a little moisture in the ground, so I decided she could just get a little damp and then we'd change her after.
A mighty good decision, as we then got to enjoy the splendid afternoon that we did.

No comments:
Post a Comment