Sunday, September 2, 2012

bilberry trip

Today we had our one day of summer...just in time for fall. And what a glorious day it was, as we packed small buckets, lunch and something to sit on and headed into a vally of bilberries.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but nature up here is impressive once you get off the island - something that we don't do too often. Luckily, thankfully, my mom lives here and is more than happy to go on excursions with us, as otherwise Judge would nare catch even a glimpse of it.

After we picked berries for about an hour and a half it was time for a nursing break that slid into a delicious outdoor nap.

...and then lunch:
...before more berry picking:
[she sat with my mom for a good long time, just picking and eating]

[sat on her own for a bit as well - so focused...and I just have to say I absolutely love this photo!]

[totally love this one too, how it fully captures her concentration]

Judge was the only serious picker amongst the four of us. While I ate 95% of what I picked, he not only saved 95% of his, but went on a full-out picking spree, filling two of these buckets worth:

[he's got the hands to show for it]


.

No comments:

Post a Comment