Monday, January 10, 2011

cold

It has been cold forever it seems (with no letup in sight yet...and mind you this cold is colder than Norway cold, as there is no heating that can make the house comfortable - and no heating at work - and no heating in the car...well, I think cars do have heating, but I don't have a car, just a scooter...which I normally love but not on cold days when it's raining - did however buy rain-shoe covers! But now I'm rambling).

And yesterday morning I could feel that I should stay in bed all day, but there was a Norway gathering up in Taipei - each and every gathering I've known about previously I've never gone to due to schedules clashing or being sick or whatever reason. This time Judge had to work all weekend, but I so wanted to go up and meet everyone. So, I went against my gut (or perhaps for my gut - Norwegian waffles, home-made goats cheese as well as store bought Norwegian brown (goat's) cheese and 'yellow' cheese, home-made plum jam, home-grown mint tea - and other wonderful goodies, not to mention a great mix of Norwegian-Taiwanese company).

[Borrowed picture from another happy participant: Geir, our welcoming host (the 'husband' half of our wonderful hosts) - a Norwegian born and raised in Taiwan, me, and Tzuyu, a friend I met a couple years ago who went on 1 year exchange to Norway years before that...and who can supply me with Norwegian words when I forget O.O]

[Borrowed pic: JingYue (the 'wife' half of our hosts) and I chatting it up]

[Borrowed pic: representative of where I stood almost all evening - see the near-empty waffle tray in front of me? And my big belly? Yes, those missing waffles are in there~]

Came home beat, and by the time I was in bed (30 min later) my throat was itchy. Short and long of it was I left work early again today, went to the doctor so I could get a doctor's note (otherwise I don't get sick-pay), and have been in bed ever since. Plan on being in bed tomorrow too. Yay!

Though sometimes the nose gets so clogged I can't swallow (seriously), what makes up for it all is baby-girl's activity. She's turned breach this last week, so I have her little fists punching out to the left, her legs kicking out to the right, sometimes going on for about 20 minutes or so, with little taps to full-on jabs and pushes and rolls.

Tomorrow we're at 26 weeks - Thursday we're at 6 months. Time is flying! And yet going so slow. We currently have all the diapers we will be needing (perhaps...cloth at least, but we'll have to see how our mix-matched set works out for us in actual co-ordinated use-and-wash-and-dry~). Other than that - well, that's all we have so far, besides two or three outfits, a teether, and cutest mittens ever (all gifts).

Life is generally grand - at least when I get to stay in bed ;)


.

2 comments: