[Written day of - 11/1/16~ Wanted to add pictures - but it's been a while so I'll just add a picture I took and add more later when I get my hands on them]
Ended up just washing the bathroom and putting some clothes away, and then we didn't have time for the rest as we had thought we would as we had a huge dinner with a friend who's back from the states for winter break (with him and the rest of that gang)...after stuffing ourselves at the all you can eat bbq we went out for tea (sit-in bubble tea...well, and other tea, but most of us had bubble tea). After that it was just home to digest and rest.
So today, after sleeping in in a major way, it was off to the races. Went to the local supermarket, bought what could be bought there (meat for nachos, eggs and milk for waffles, etc), went home and cut up the veggies for the dip, fried up the (home-made) taco-mix meat, mixed the waffle batter, cleaned the downstairs, headed out the door to Costco to buy nacho chips, sour cream, cheese and salsa, picked up the girls from the train station, and then home we went.
The afternoon was filled with food (first nachos and veggies'n'dip), then present openings - super sweet card where I got mistey eyed (didn't think the girls noticed but found out I was way obvious apparently) and just the most thoughtful presents with the most professional introductions and explanations. They had arranged the gifts into a sweet towered cake (or tower of pisa hehe), and then it was waffle and fresh brewed tea time.
I have to say I was super happy it was so casual and relaxed, as I often find myself a bit uncomfortable at party-games. So their absence was quite appreciated by me (I had actually kind of secretly worried about this).
Just a most perfect and wonderful afternoon, leaving me feeling super warm and sweet - and stuffed beyond comprehension. The girls, however, after getting dropped off down-town by Judge, went on for a big hot-pot dinner. Impressive!
[The tea-and-waffle time.]
.
No comments:
Post a Comment