I have so much going on in my thoughts these days, all jumbled up and difficult to put down in words. There is wonderment, awe, immense gratefulness, excitement, knowledge that I am - and have always been - a receiver of great blessings, anticipation, a little bit of trepidation, longing, and certainty.
An apt representation of how things are *always* provided to me as I need them, is this:
Roads in Taiwan suck. Big time. I think it either has to do with how the forces wear the roads (natural forces, traffic forces), or perhaps the road-paving companies purposefully do a job that needs to be redone in not all too long so they have certain - and plentiful - income. In any event, the road that I have to scoot daily to work was a typical junk road, where bits and pieces have been dug up and relaid hitch-patchy here and there and everywhere. For some this is not an issue, but my shocks are shot (have been shot since before I purchased the scooter), so the jolts to my system were less than unpleasant.
After working at my job for a bit though, the road in its entirety was repaved, from actually Judge's town (we're in a suburb of his town) all the way straight across to the other town - where we scoot on part of it for most of our drives to work.
Now, instead of having to tense my muscles constantly to absorb the constant jolts, I have a smooth, enjoyable ride to and from work.
I feel life is always doing this for me. Being repaved into a smooth ride. Serious blessings. Not that my life is pot-hole free by any means, but the smoothness of my road throughout life in general keeps me in awe and gratefulness.
As I am zipping through life, however, it is important to remember to slow down not only to enjoy the ride but also in order to safely maneuver the sometimes heavy traffic around me, which may try to push or force me in certain directions, and make sure I keep in tune with its organicness (true both in the metaphor and in the real deal of course).
.
No comments:
Post a Comment