Thursday, November 7, 2013

Leona's new friend, Totoro


Leona's huge into Totoro. She absolutely loves the song (her first encounter with Totoro was on youtube listening to the song), has watched the movie twice (in several sittings), and has the book with color photos (her auntie bought it for her). Because she loves it so much I figured I should make her one - the middle-sized one (blue with three boomerangs on its stomach).
 
I finished it right before her bedtime, and her reaction as this:
She fell asleep still hugging him.

Next day she said she wanted to carry him in the Manduca (the baby carrier I have), but a small one, so I said I would make her one, and off we went to buy the material. Totoro came with us, of course.

[Resting on a bench.]
 
[Picking up leaves to throw down onto the river bank.]

[Confidently wandering off ahead of me.]

[Totoro getting to sit on the stroller - had to be strapped in as per Leona's instructions -
while Leona went and played on the playground.]
 
After her nap when we got home I made the mai-tai styled carrier for her (the cloth pattern is traditional Hakka), and so she got to 'wear' Totoro over to great grandma's house for dinner. When we got there she didn't want to take him off, so we moved him onto her back so she could still eat.
 
 
[OK, so he's a bit too big...]

When she was finished eating she requested he get moved back to her front:

 
He really is way too big for her to be carrying in the mai-tai, so today I made a smaller one. She was happy as a clam (and is now sleeping with both of them):
 
 
 
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment