Day one, we first went and did Eliana's final citizenship application (yay! all done and done), and then met up with Cecilia and her two kids (Owen, almost 4yo, and Zoe, 1y8m) at National Taiwan University because they have awesome lawns and ponds and gazebos and pathways and rocks and sticks and birds and all that goodness.
While at this one gazebo, I saw Leona and Owen pointing to an area and discussing ants, and I thought it was just another normal affair. Suddenly Judge rushes over and snatches a then sitting Leona up. She had sat herself down smack dab in the middle of an ant moving frenzie, and within seconds she had hundreds (I seriously believe they were in the hundreds) of ants crawling all over her lap, legs and up her front and back. She was not disconcerted by it at all, just interested. After brushing all the ants off her, we told her we didn't think it was a good idea to sit down and let them crawl onto her - though they didn't seem the biting kind, it could still be really uncomfortable if they got inside her clothes and all that jazz.
After a couple more minutes where we watched the wave of the ants moving their home (I believe they must have been moving due to some kind of disaster, since it was at a super frantic pace and a good portion of them were carrying little white things...babies? Eggs? Do ants lay eggs? ) they were back to a regular ant here and there kind of deal.
I love that she was curious enough to just sit herself down in the middle of it.
[Leona sitting back down where she had sat when the frenzied wave was right there...now moved a ways further down and on the side rather the top too].
.

No comments:
Post a Comment