Friday, August 30, 2013

What was lost has now been found

Yes. That is correct. We finally received our luggage (about five days ago, but Judge and I have both been sick and out for the count).


We were so excited when it arrived - or, I had already pretty much detached myself from its contents so was mildly excited only, though very curious to see what we had forgotten was in there when we made the inventory list.

The salami, believe it or not, was still good. My computer and all other electronics were in one piece. But, my camera wasn't there! I had found it odd that when the bag first went missing I hadn't remembered the camera was there, and it was only several days later while I was making the inventory list in my head that I suddenly realized it may be in there, and confirmed my fear after a search through our room.

But I had somehow missed looking in the lowest shelf that was blocked by a box of clothes, the shelf that I just so happened to have put my camera when we unpacked all our bags our second day here.

Kind of a face-palm moment there.

The car-seat saga continues however, as KLM is not wanting to fully reimburse us for their costs. It's a long, convoluted story that I won't bore you with here, but I have written about it in full to the vice president of customer service at KLM (both this issue and the whole non-registration-non-tagging of our luggage), just as an 'FYI and please try and improve your service in these areas' kind of email. Also mentioned in the email that China Airlines (KLM's representatives on the ground in TPE) and KLM's Norwegian Facebook team should get recognition for the outstanding service they provided during this whole kabuffle. Gotta mention the good too, when there is some.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment