Sunday, August 11, 2013

Beta fitness reruns

So almost two years ago or so a good friend of mine invited me to participate in his ‘beta fitness for moms’ program that he was creating. I jumped on the opportunity, as with an old-time back injury activity has been low on my end, and I missed feeling like I was in shape and having lots of energy.

It was actually quite great, and I was able to follow it to slowly build activity back into my daily life, and got stronger without really realizing it as it moved along.

But come my getting pregnant it really stagnated, as in the first and beginning of the second trimester I was couch-ridden most of the time, and at the end of the second and all of the third the various pains, especially the pelvic ones, kept me even from walking to work (or anywhere really) in the end. So though the birth went pretty fast and I recovered a lot sooner this time compared to last, my actual physical state of fitness is not so stellar, and I really feel it.

So last week I started the beta program again, and though I am not yet following the program really, just doing certain of the mobility and strength movements that I remember were at the start, and moving towards adding a few of the stretching movements, it just feels sooooogreat to be adding some ‘get-myself-toward-fit’ activities into my life again. That, and actually being able to do some toprock and minor footwork with Leona when music is playing is making me feel wonderful ;)
[The reason I'm a candidate for the moms' fitness evolution program ;)  Leona around 3 months old, and Eliana at almost 1 month old.]
.

No comments:

Post a Comment