Well, Tobias recently gave it a shot:
[clockwise from top left: cooked carrots, maccaroni, empty, corn, brussle sprouts, omelete]
But he found out it was much more successful if he started with her least favorite and gave it to her to eat when it was fresh off the stove, then slowly moved to her most favorite (corn and maccaroni), as otherwise she's just hone in on those two and ignore the others.
So I think we will keep this one on the back-burner for a while longer, so to speak, as I am still in love with the idea ;)
She has started eating tons more than she ever has before though, and I think that has to do with my milk supply shrinking drastically due to the pregnancy.
[interlude] She still nurses tons - though I have gotten it down to more of on a routine basis rather than on demand basis these past couple months. Last one for the night when I get up for work - a little before six, then when I come home, before she goes to bed, then at 10pm, 1am, 3am and maybe 4am, and then start the cycle again, and if I was at home that day again when she wakes up a few hours later, and before her nap and after her nap - and if she goes to the store with Judge when they come home again.
Now I have cut the night-time nursings down quite a bit, first cutting out the 10pm one and then the 1am one, so the first one is now at around 2 or 3am, and recently I have been able to cut the 4am one as well, so we're down to one (sometimes two if I'm too tired - because she still wakes up quite often and every time she wakes up she wants to nurse, and thus cries for a minute or two before she lays down again - but this minute or two is totally ok - not like the crying she did earlier before she was 'ready' to cut down on the nursing).
I think her stomach is starting to get used to the new schedule, as last night she slept all the way until 1am, then laid back down without crying, and slept until about 2:30, and then again, after nursing and playing a bit, slept straight through until 5:45am for her morning nurse.
Or maybe last night was a fluke :P [/interlude]
I thought my milk was mostly 'water' anyways (as in not filling), as the fat content in my milk has always appeared super low (and when I say always I mean the first couple weeks when I pumped because I wanted to have a small emergency supply), but seems I may have been a bit mistaken.
Or she's going through a growth spurt - since we don't measure her weight regularly we don't really know (we don't own a scale).
.
No comments:
Post a Comment