Thursday, November 1, 2012

well into the first trimester

Every baby is different thus every pregnancy and birth is different as well. This we all know.

For me this time around, the pregnancy is a lot tougher than I remember the last one being. I basically lay on the couch from when I get home from work a little after 1pm until I shower and go to bed with Leona around 6:30-7:00. Can't really eat dinner, and if I do, it ends up coming out again - which actually lets me feel a bit better for a short while, making me almost wish I threw up more often, just so I could have a reprieve of the feeling-oh-so-sick'ness. Almost. And even with 30% sick leave last week I ended up taking all of Friday off because after four days of working I was just feeling too ucky ... thus I asked my doctor to increase my percentage to 40% this week.

Sometimes I find myself questioning, however, whether I really feel this bad or if I feel this bad because I can. I mean, if I was in Taiwan right now, working (hypothetically of course, as if we were still in Taiwan I'd be the stay at home parent), without the opportunity to have this kind of sick leave, would I just make it work? Hard to say, but the discomfort is most definitely real, and the opportunity to easily go on as large a percentage of sick leave as necessary most definitely appreciated.

Also appreciated is Judge taking care of Leona while I just lay around, and him making me delicious lunches to take with me to work, so that I can eat a good, full meal. Can't imagine feeling this bad and having to take care of a toddler and a home at the same time.

So really, life is good, despite the ugginess.

And tomorrow I head to the doctor's for my first pregnancy check-up. Am looking forward to the compare-and-contrast with my Taiwan experiences two years ago!

[Taken today at noon on my way home from work]


.

No comments:

Post a Comment