Saturday, February 27, 2016

the long awaited mind shift

Finally. A week or so ago Eliana decided she was finished wearing diapers. After two accidents downstairs at my mom's the first day (after which her and my mom agreed she should wear a diaper, which she wore up until the next time she had to go to the bathroom upstairs...her not wearing a diaper down there is not totally uncommon, as is her having accidents), she's been diaper free and accident free day and night.

I was a little worried she had lost touch with her body, because sometimes she would say she hadn't peed in her diaper when she actually had, or she would eventually have an accident almost guaranteed if she was without her diaper, but it really seemed it was just that she hadn't made the decision to be done with diapers yet.

In any event, I'm happy, as I was starting to wonder (for a long while now) how long she would keep the diaper-gig going.

She was about 2 years and 8 months old. And interestingly enough this is almost the exact same age Leona had her mind shift - E's just one month younger.

Ironically I just happened to buy a pack of one size bigger diaper for her a week or so before she made her no-diaper decision, which I was waiting to open until...I don't know why I was waiting. But it's a good thing I did, otherwise she could very likely be too excited about getting new diapers to be willing to give them up just yet.

She, of course, is oblivious to just how happy this being done with diapers has made me.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment