However, as I detest shopping in general (well, clothes shopping...I love window-shopping for household stuffs, especially kitchen), it wasn't what I would call enjoyable, but my goal wasn't to go that far ;)
Arriving at the glamour shot place had me in high hopes, because they seemed super service oriented and good at what they do. Unfortunately the helper we got was not good at her job (it reminded me of this show I used to watch on Travel and Living...one of those stupid shows that you watch anyway - I know you do it too!...wedding dress shopping from the perspective of the wedding dress store, in NY or somewhere like that).
She totally couldn't get my style, kept pulling these just utterly terrible dresses. Mind you, most of the dresses in the place were utterly terrible in terms of my likes, as they tend to be totally over the top.
For the white wedding gown it didn't take us toooo long to land on an acceptable one (and acceptable was the aim - if this was a photo shoot and dinner that held a lot of meaning for me and Judge we'd want perfect, but as it stands 'not terrible' is a-ok with us). It has to be the simplest one they got, I swear. (Yes, pictures to come once they're taken...Oct. 16, picture selection on the 17th).
Then for the dinner gown, it really was a battle to find one. After trying on bus-loads of dresses there was finally one that I kind of liked from the front in terms of style (and it kind of hides what's left of my postpartum belly), but it was a yellow-golden color - very close to the color the banquet tablecloths often are. Asked our helper to pull more like this one, and she came back with ones that were totally different. Me and Cecilia (my sister-in-law who came to help us out as she's used these guys before and she knows more what's up and what is required for us compared to me and Judge) just looked at each other and started laughing silently (once the helper had turned away).
After trying on many more, each one more terrible than the next it seemed, I tried on the yellow one again. Cecilia cast her vote for this dress, Judge said it was ok - better than the others, and I cast my vote for it too. Never imagined I'd be wearing a gown of this color, and I totally don't like the back - but I don't have to see my back! Wahahaha. So again, I deemed it acceptable. All we have to do is not select this color tablecloth at the banquet place.
And I was right in Judge's parents taking advantage of our not wanting to take pictures, as it is their 30th wedding anniversary this year, and their family tradition is to take family glamour shots on the decades. So it's kind of perfect. In all we (they) will be choosing 20 photos that will be made into a glamour-shot photo-book and perhaps some blow-up ones to update the huge-ass ones they have hanging around the house from 10 years ago. So the majority of the pics will be various mix-and-matching of the family units (his parents, us three, and Cecilia three), with some shots for us to choose one from to hang at the banquet entrance.
And since we all will just be wearing one outfit (equals one make-up and one hairdo) and won't be running around town and to the beach to shoot, it can hopefully just take half a day. Wooop.
Here are three pictures of Leona and her cousin Owen (before I was shut down as it's not allowed to take photos in there):
[Her determination was a bit much for Owen]
[Trying to taste her cousin XD]
.
No comments:
Post a Comment