See, I am told I should have pinched her ears into shape during her first month, and to be honest I am not sure if she was born with the back-right of her head flat while the back-left is nicely rounded - and that she thus sleeps more on her back-right side because it's nice and flat - or she's ended up like this due to her sleeping more on her back-right (chicken or the egg kunundrum).
[One of the 'offending' elf-ears - along with little miss practicing/exploring
getting her thumb or some fingers in her mouth]
[Oh how she is growing!]
[Little chubby goodness]
.



Ooooooooo she is TOO adorable! I would pinch her ears all the time - not to change their shape though, justbecause they're so darn cute! Any chance of a West Coast BC visit anytime soon? xoxox
ReplyDeleteHehe - I know eh? I'm rather fond of the elfenness (and am happy to just let her be el-naturel).
ReplyDeleteRegarding west coast visit - I hope we can do one after Norway before China (as currently the 12 hour flight to Europe has us quivering in our knickers as it is... or rather we are worried about our in-flight neighbors. Hoping she's grown out of some of her fussies by then).
if you are worried about the head, I would ask the doctor. If it IS getting flat from her lying on it one way too much, it could cause problems down the road, and its easier to fix early on. I was always worried about Ali's head getting flat, but he co-slept with us for the first 3 months and so we often had him sleep on his side, while we held him. I know some people say bad things about co sleeping, but we had a special box in the bed made just for co sleeping (like a mini crib in the bed)and he slept a lot longer when he was beside us. He'd often fuss as soon as he woke up, and just touching his hand or rubbing his tummy would soothe him back to sleep. Also I could hear him getting hungry before he even woke up, and so I'd feed him (I have to use a bottle) and change his diaper, and meanwhile he'd keep sleeping, and save me the time of getting him back to sleep. We also had that awful fussiness in the evening (still do, a little) and I wish I'd seen those links... I was convinced it was my milk and was cutting all kinds of things out of my diet! Right now we are slowly transitioning to sleeping in the crib. My best advice for fussy evenings is a good baby carrier to hold him close but let you carry him comfortably and still have free hands. We also love the baby swing but Ali didn't like he swing until he was more than 3 months old. Also try to find a "noise" that soothes. For Ali, the noise of my breast pump (which I find loud but ALWAYS puts him to sleep if he's beside me) is the perfect "noise".
ReplyDeleteIt does pass... and then you'll be in another crazy phase. We just hit the "shriek at every possible tone and octave and then laugh" phase. What a trip! :P
I think we'll ask at our next shot-appointment (Monday) just to be sure. I have started placing her 'backwards' in bed (she co-sleeps with us as well, with her by the wall, so now her feet are to my head as she tends to sleep with her face towards us). Will also be hanging out on her left side for her stints when she lays on the floor during the day. Otherwise she is mostly in our arms as she is not exactly unfussy during the day ;P
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm totally looking at getting an Ergo in September when 'performance' comes out in different colors (will stop by a shop in Taipei to try them out first though, to make sure she enjoys it and it feels comfortable). Currently the sling wears me out sometimes, but a lot less now that my energy and strength is back! Yay!
Can't wait for the adventures of coming phases as well >D
Ever thought of the possibility that she IS an elf? ;)
ReplyDelete