Sunday, May 15, 2011

i have the best friends ever

Yesterday after getting off 'little nights' Judge stopped by our place and picked up what I thought was one (long overdue) package that I'd been waiting and waiting for. When he got home he had the package with him - and two more! I totally have the best old-school friends ever.

Now, I also have awesome newer school friends that I love and adore here in Taiwan - unfortunately 99.99% of my good friends live hour(s) away from me.

But back to my awesome old-schoolers! There were two from my Maxwell High School days - the one package (long overdue one) from Kate that contained an awesome self-made blanket and stuffed elephant, and four cute-cute onesies.


[The homemade goodness]

Then there was one from Vesta, which contained an insane amount of goodies for both me and Leona (like literally goodies as in candies from Canada, and then take-care-of-mama goodies like awesome body soap and lotion and pearl earrings; and toys and cute clothes and stuffs for Leona).

And then one from Tonje - good friend from my 6 months of senior high school up in the arctic in Norway - with Norwegian candies for me and a cute hippo and toque socks for Leona that her 3 year old daughter picked out for us - and an awesome pick-me-up letter that I need to re-read right now, as today I am (again) having a rough one.

It is true what they (and by 'they' I mean Kate) say: Packages help significantly with baby blues (why do I still have those by the way? I thought they were supposed to just last a week - though mine got an extension I guess with Leona being in NICU the first week). Unfortunately today - as mentioned - has been rough.

I miss my friends. Dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment