Monday, February 14, 2011

hypnobabies

Back when I was around 14 or 16 weeks pregnant or so, I started researching prenatal courses. Basically, my sister-in-law had taken a Hypnobirthing class (Morgan method) in Taipei last year in preparation for her birth, and she felt it was invaluable.

I was planning on signing us up for it as well, but first started out doing some online research to learn more about it. There is only one Hypnobirthing instructor in all of Taiwan at the moment, so we’d have to set off five weekends to head up to Taipei on Saturdays for an afternoon, something Judge wasn’t too ecstatic about as he has to work one or two weekends a month (so he’d miss at least two classes), and if not working wants to bum around and rest and just go on short adventures etc. to recharge his batteries. Plus it’s a bit pricey, but we were ok with that as we felt it’d be worth it (and when I say ‘we’ here I mean ‘I’ and Judge was ok going along with my decision :P).

Anyhow, through my research I found there is another hypnosis for birth course (well, several) out there, and there was one – Hypnobabies – which had raving reviews and raving comparisons in terms of its benefits when compared with the Morgan method. The comparisons that really got me sold were those of moms who had used both methods, and a birthing instructor who had taught first one (and used it) and then found it wasn’t all she was hoping for for her and her students, and that Hypnobabies was a lot closer to that.

So my focus shifted to researching Hypnobabies, and I ended up buying the home-study kit. Started the program at 19 weeks pregnant, and have been doing it faithfully since then on a drawn out schedule since I started so early. I have to say it is quite superb! So good in fact that we won’t be taking any other prenatal classes (besides going through some stuff from the Pink Kit, which I also bought and a lot of it seems really good as well), and I feel confident that I will have a wonderful birthing experience.

Another ‘foreign mom’ in Taipei purchased another home-study kit, Hypno4Birth (cheaper than Hypnobabies), and we swapped material so we could check each other’s courses out, and I have to say Hypnobabies is also leagues better than the Hypno4Birth course…in my opinion at least.

I’ve also lent the material to the Morgan method instructor in Taipei for her to check out, and at the end of this month I will head up for a free prenatal yoga class with her (get a class free as I didn’t take her offer for chipping in on the HBabies material), and we will discuss the three courses and what we think about them – strengths, weaknesses, etc. Pretty fun!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment