Tuesday, February 15, 2011

flipped?

Every night when I lay me down to sleep on my left side, baby-girl gets busy. Her activity seems to increase proportionately with the amount of relaxation I do. I know this is the norm and I really enjoy every time I feel her move throughout the day and night, and when she gets like this I will provide counter-pressure or just watch the belly bubble and roll.

Last night was no exception. In fact, it was hightened. I was listening to my hypnobabies 'Depening' track, and had to put my light-switch into 'center'* so I could get a huge smile and put my hand on my belly and feel the insane sticking-out of little feet. She has been positioned head down, back to the front-left side of my belly since forever it seems, and so I'm used to the spot where her feet will kick out. It was only when the bumps started to move in rolls down my left side that I realized she was perhaps flipping - and that is something I would like to avoid.

[* One of the tools in HBabies is a lightswitch you create at the nape of your neck. When you turn it off, your whole body goes completely limp and into instant deep relaxation and hypnosis, with a strong hypnoanesthesia coursing through you from top o the head to tip of the toes. You can switch it to 'center' and will still have the relaxation and hypnosis, and hypnoanesthesia in the trunk of your body basically, but it allows you to move around...walk, talk, laugh, take a potty break etc., which is helpful between pressure-waves during the birthing process.]

So I got up onto all fours to try to stop the progress. I think I may have been a bit late in reacting though, so before sleep I had had a little talk with her explaining I want her to move back into head-down, back to the front-left of my belly. Unfortunately her movements were in all new places the rest of the evening and from 5am onwards as well, though and by the time I got up at 6:45 it seemed some of the movement was back in place where it should be - just not as strong as her previous activity so I'm not sure yet if it is her feet still (again) or some other part of her.

I guess this is one of the benefits of getting an ultrasound at each check-up! This Thursday, when we go and get the 2nd level gestational-diabetes test results (didn't pass first round - uber boooooo...sugar water is gross~!!!) we will know how she's positioned in there. Until then I will continue with the 'spinning babies' techniques, which I already try to do (the 'self' ones) daily.

[Taken today - 7 months (31 weeks)]

.

No comments:

Post a Comment