Ok, this one actually only makes sense in Norwegian, so I'll write it out first and then explain it after:
The other day she was writing her name on something, and asked me "What comes after 'Owen' in our last name?" I told her that Owen is the entirety of our last name, there's nothing more after it. "No, I mean, I wrote the O already, what comes after?"
Why the misunderstanding? In Norwegian 'the O' is said "O'en", which is pronounced exactly like 'Owen' in Norwegian.
Leona is also still her ever protecting and caring big sister self. Yesterday when her and Eliana were watching something on the computer and it got - for them - a little scary, she automatically put her arm around Eliana's shoulders and pulled her close to her.
Eliana - Two years and nine months
[We got care packages from Taiwan a little while ago, and in it were tons of hair clips (amongst tons of other things), and the girls each wore their share of the loot. Here's Eliana after requesting some help from me]
They have started to love to play the "Pick a hand" game with their vitamins before they go to bed. First time Eliana tried it, she put the vitamin in one of her hands and came over to me with a big smile on her face, holding one hand behind her back and reaching the other closed fist towards me, asking me to pick a hand. She is starting to get a little better at it, but will still move the hand she's holding the vitamin in away from my line of picking if she finds I'm picking the right one.
A while ago we were driving, and the girls were playing a game where they would say "I'm an [inanimate, big object] , what are you?" For example, a house, a train, a mountain, etc. Then Eliana said to my mom "Mormor, you are downstairs." My mom answered that no, she was in the car. And I tried to explain that E was saying she was 'downstairs'. For E, downstairs is the same thing as a mountain, a house, etc. Took a few tries before I was able to clarify what she was saying.
She's still going strong on the completely diaper free living.
Cedrik - Nine months
He has been signing nurse for a long time now, though he has used it sometimes as a means to a desired end ... other than nursing I mean. For example, for me to hold him, or when he wants to eat or drink. All make sense. But at the same time it is obvious when he is signing it because he wants to actually nurse as well.
I've been generally not as proactive with the other signing yet, but trying to keep on track. Perhaps it has to do with having my focus split three-way? In any event, he did sign water for the first time the other day, which was more like a revving of a motorcycle.
Cutter cuteness is how animatedly excited he gets when, after he's been staring at the water glass signing nurse, I ask if he wants some water (including the sign for water) - he bounces up and down in his seat, banging his hands/fists onto the highchair tray, and squeals or grunts exuberantly.
This past week has been huge. He has started first squirming forward, then army crawling, and now even up on his hands and knees for short periods, he has sat himself up in an almost fully sitting position without anything else around him, as well as into sitting positions by pushing up on me, as well as up into standing (or leaning forward with just feet on ground) holding my arms or hands. So now he is mobile, and the whole house is is oyster. This both frees me up (he's not as needing my constant holding), as well as keeps me more busy (me having to watch out for all those little things I didn't notice on my floor-sweep). Overall it is wonderfully exciting.

No comments:
Post a Comment