Thursday, October 31, 2013

example practice test questions

Some of the many gems in the English practice booklet for the written part of the driver's test. Note all spelling and punctuation is replicated as shown in booklet:

Knowing human lives are the top priority for drivers, we have to respect the pedestrians whenever we are on the road. Therefore, we have to yield to the elderly, children, and the disabled. T/F   (...but if you're not elderly, a child or disabled you are free game for drivers...?)

Yield and tolerance are the best manifestation of driving morals. T/F

We check our cars thoroughly before we drive. We make sure our cars are in perfect condition. We always watch for pedestrians and other vehicles. That's how we demonstrate our morals. T/F

It is immoral to tab the horn and make noise without second thought. T/F

I saw a vehicle in front overturned. No one helped him. I'm running late. Although I see people injured and yelling for help, I just cannot give them a hand. T/F

The car behind us overtook us just to avoid dusts. I hate dusts, too. That's why I have to overtake the front cars. T/F

I've been driving for many years. I am a skillful driver. That's why I always chat with the others and sing when I drive. That's how I demonstrate my skills and has nothing to do with safety at all. T/F

I've been driving for a long time. I know how danger speeding-up is. Even if passengers ask me to speed up, I just cannot promise them. Also, I will tell them how terrible it is. T/F

When you drive, you are required don't rush any minute and any second; and are required don't neglect any minute and any second. T/F

Those who are mentally retarded, blind, and epilepsy disorder are prohibited from taking driver's license test. T/F

Those who report accident-causing drivers, assist the injured, and drive with outstanding records are eligible for the awards granted by the government. T/F

If drivers find the vehicles on the next lane have turned on direction lights, they are required to speed up in order not to be overtaken. T/F

If drivers find the water temperature meter pointing higher than the ceiling, they must pull the vehicles to the roadsides, pull the manual brake, turn off the engine immediately, and then open the water tank to check the water level. T/F

You must not keep the unnecessary objects in the vehicles. Thus, you can reduce weights for your vehicles, save fuel, save money and, most importantly, protect the environment. T/F

Vehicles are provided with rear mirror and interior mirror: (1) to help drivers expand their visions and keep up with the road situation behind their vehicles, (2) to facilitate drivers using cosmetics, (3) as decorations.

If all tires' pressures are uneven, that is likely to cause: (1) engine knocking, (2) biased driving, (3) nothing.

Which of the following is the most important for drivers: (1) respecting human's lives, (2) speeding up if drivers are in a hurry, (3) watching the scenery all the way to the destination.

Drivers have to abide by laws, because: (1) they don't want to be penalized, (2) they abide by laws for their responsibilities, honors, as well as the safety for themselves and the others, (3) they are under supervision.

If drivers are intending to maintain an orderly traffic for the safety of the entire society and for the happiness of their families, they are required to: (1) abide by driving morals and disciplines, (2) improve their driving skills, (3) not smoke and not drink, either.

When driving in a long tunnel, drivers throw objects, cigarette or flammable items out of the vehicles: (1) is an extremely immoral and dangerous conduct, (2) is not a problem as long as drivers are happy to do that, (3) is the best way to keep their vehicles clean.


I love Taiwan.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment