Monday, October 28, 2013

april fools!

So, this is a bit anti-climatic, after the whole 'drumroll please' bit. The fine print in our plan (that it was open for changes) was excluded from the post, but has, surprise surprise, come into effect. I think I should just stick to the ColesNotes version and vow to never write about plans again.

============

ColesNotes
  • Judge is actively looking for and applying for jobs anywhere in Norway.
  • Our planned arrival date is in the beginning of February 2014.
  • If he doesn't land a job before we arrive, we will live in Innvik again until he is an official part of Norway's workforce.
  • I will build my editing business to supplement our income - once my maternity leave is finished in the beginning of April.
============

This has nothing to do with Taiwan, per se. I mean, personally I like Taiwan more than Norway in many respects...but not when taking where we're currently at in our lives (family with young children and practically zero capital) into consideration.

It is just that after some serious soul-searching and discovery of some perhaps a bit difficult truths this past month - that going into the business would be for the wrong reasons, and the passion for it is not there but rather in other areas making him not the right person for the job, especially taking into consideration our core values (the quality and quantity of our family time), we decided it is more right for us to head back to the land of milk and honey before he loses his joining family resident visa and we waste too much time and savings not advancing towards our current main goals (a self-owned home, time to pursue our passions, and most importantly time with the kids).

That gives us only three more months here. Wow.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment