Saturday, March 3, 2012

commuting

There are a couple things that are surprisingly similar between my Hsinchu vs Tromsø commutes to work. The first is that they both took/take around 30 minutes. The other is that they both went/go at breakneck speeds. Oh, and then that they both occur on "twos".

Hsinchu:
  • Drove scooter (two wheels)
  • I lied, it was not at breakneck speeds. I drove at a rather responsible km/h seeing as I was pregnant, and because I value my life in general. However, I did have a healthy amount of momentum that included weaving back and forth in traffic in order to stay safe, rather than just cruise idly behind whoever was in front of me.
  • Sometimes 100's of others on the road with me, merging in from all the side-roads onto the main road heading to the science park

Tromsø:
  • Walk (two legs)
  • Trying desperately to keep up with my mom (whom I realized, after about two weeks, is trying desperately to keep up with me..doh!)
  • No cars or scooters in sight as we walk on the ski-trails leading down through the length of the island...but also with hoards of a total of 3 or 5 other people converging in on the main path leading to the university (we work below the uni)


[Along part of our path to work - notice how bright it is! 
Sun's staying longer by leaps and bounds each and every day.]



.

No comments:

Post a Comment