Saturday, November 19, 2011

the pictures have arrived!

I have so much to share yet so little time. How is that, you ask? Because we're having too much fun over here, squeezing in as much as we can before we head out.

I wanted to share the long-awaited glamour shots though, at least, as it's been something I've been trying to get my hands on forever it seems - yesterday we *finally* were able to pick them up!

Quick recap. October 16 (1.5 years after we got married, to the date) we - our family of three, Cecilia's (sister-in-law) family of three, and the parent-in-laws - headed to Taipei to get all dolled up and (photo) shot.

A couple weeks later Judge, Cecilia and I went in to select 20 photos to make into a big A3 sized book to celebrate their parent's having been married 30 years (they do this shoot every 10 years). We ended up selecting 23 - 13 of just their parents, 5 full and semi-full family shots, and the rest variations of 'us kids'. (I'm not going to be sharing all the shots, as I feel many are not mine to share).

First - my favorite full-family shot:

[I love the balance and set-up of this one]


Next, the other two full-family shots (if you want a bigger look just click on them):


[Yes, Judge got put on a step - arg. Also note the set-ups imo are not as stellar]

Then us with the 'rents:

[Ah how I love Leona and Owen's expressions in all of these :P]

Then the three of just us - we ordered just the 2nd for the thank-you cards and the 3rd for the big-honkin-huge one outside the banquet entrance, but Judge's mom called up after and said she wanted a stack of each of the three for thank-you cards (they're placed out for guests to take at the banquet):

[I absolutely love how Leona's 'never stop moving' personality shines through,
and also love the natural heights of us all, as this is really who we are]

[Like our big smiles on this one...and that they had gone from the 'two phone-books' tall step to a little bit of a lower one...it wasn't until after that I realized we could have taken more control of the shoot, but at the time we were 'a tad' bit uncomfortable and kind of just wanting to get it done with]

[I like how you can kind of see a hint of exasperation in my face - well, I can see a hint at least, not sure about you - and yes, this is the two-stacked-phone-book-height~~]

I cannot not share these next three:
[Super cute! Photographer tried to get us to do it too, but we said 'nah, that's ok' :P...but it totally works on them]

[My nephew Owen - also too cute!]

Now, as it was the three of us selecting the photos to be included, that meant we had absolute freedom. Of course we wanted the pictures to be the best they could be as it's an important memento for his parents, but we couldn't not include this one:
[The look on Judge's dad's face just cracks us up every.single.time!!]

And yes, we are all so free of arm-flab, our skins are all so pearly white, and none of us have wrinkles!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment