[A blurry shot of what also used to be a standard infant pant-bottom here in Taiwan]
I thought to myself, now *there* is a brave soul! Almost six years later and I have gained an understanding and feel for how this is at all possible.
For the past two weeks approximately, we have been catching 4-6 eliminations each day. I'm not at the point where I can let her go diaper free all day of course, she still kind of 'leaks' a bit too much (those projectile sneeze farts and during hard crying), and the communication part of me being able to read her signs for when she has to go pee isn't quite there yet either (ok, not there yet at all - though because I give her 'potty-tunities' often enough I do catch a fair number of pees as well, and just do the pee-cue when they happen).
Anyhow, yesterday or the day before I started to switch our technique up a bit. As mentioned last time, I had started holding her over her little potty. I did this several times a day for the past two weeks, after she woke up from a sleep or a nap, and after she'd been awake a while, and if I heard her starting to go 'uhuh'.
Now, however, I have started to just hold her over the sink most times, as I do not have to worry about aim (or rather the lack thereof), and instead of using wet-wipes I can just give her a quick wash with water. I have also found that if I give her the opportunity and she doesn't need to go, if I just let her lay around for about 15 min (diaper free if she's not fussy) and then give her another opportunity she's usually ready to take it by then. Progress on my part~
The combination of ECing and cloth diapers during the day gives me a great sense of money saving as well as savings on the cloth-diaper-wash-work...plus seeing how this little tiny person has such control and awareness over her body just blows my mind!
----
As I was searching for the bum-shot from Shanghai, I found some other photos from the trip:
Me, my mom and the Great Wall:
[Me being a mailer in Shanghai, hoping their postage system works]
[Me with my crazy smile - yes, I too have one of these Celinamin...who knew! - after the postcards have been shoved on their journey]
.
Love the smile!!!
ReplyDelete