Monday, March 21, 2011

short-but-sweet visit

Last week Thursday an old-school friend of ours stopped by for a visit. I've known her for about 15 years now - we went to high school together, and when she moved back to Taiwan a few years ago, I got to see her quite a bit - she'd come up and visit us, and we'd go down to visit her, and I even got to hang out with her and her extended family for their Chiense-new-year's vacation one year. Was fantab!!

Anyhow, she ended up pursuing her long-time dream of moving to Germany a couple years ago, so we've been seeing less of each other lately.

So on Thursday, fresh off the plane from a trip to China after a detour to Taipei for the afternoon, she was able to stop by our town for dinner on her way back south (home).

I picked her up from the high-speed-rail station, and we scooted on over to an eatery that sports some really delicious Taiwanese foods where we met up with Judge. So fun to catch up - as well as make some tentative plans for meeting up in Norway or Germany next year. She even got us an Octoberfest dress for baby-girl (well, technically a traditional German dress I guess :P) that she should be just about big enough to wear at next year's Octoberfest!

Then it was back to the high-speed-rail station, and off she went.

Short-but-wunderbar.

[Me - showing off ma belly and a bling-bling smile - and Ivy at drop-off]

[Judge and I at see-off]

.

2 comments: