Tuesday, November 30, 2010

last day of november

I kept thinking it was October last week. And what do you know - tomorrow it is December!

These past few days we've been trying on a baby-girl name. I'm not 100% yet, but Judge was sold from the second he heard as I read him my very short list. Perhaps this is 'the one' - we shall see ;)

Work is not so grand. Perhaps because there is so little for me to do. However, I am hesitant to let my boss know, because I will get sucky tasks to do and that's no fun either. And my seating position puts me in the middle between two groups - with a bit of distance (I face out and they face eachother...I have the boss' old desk before she got promoted to CFO), so I kind of don't fall into either of them. Add on top of that that I took last Friday off so the lunch outing plan by one group (the one I fall into more) for today (since Boss is out of country this week) passed me by, and add on top of *that* the fact I no longer buy lunch and eat in the cafeteria because I started bringing my own (after gaining a 'bit' too much weight these past 1.5 months) - and lunch was my hang-time with the other group. Of course I could bring my food to the canteen but they eat for so long and have started taking longer lunch-walks...so, after all that addition you get an anti-social isolated lass.

I console myself with the fact that I only have a little over 3.5 months left here, and then I get to start a much more better full-time endevour. First month or so will be 'prep' and then we'll be thrown in the thick if it.

And speaking of the prep - this last weekend Judge and I went up to Taipei. What sparked our weekend outing was a baby-swap (rummage sale) that had been organized by the foreign-family community, where people could donate their baby/toddler/pregnancy stuff and the proceeds went to a charity. My goal purchases were: Maternity cloths! and baby carriers and a baby mattress perhaps if there was one.

Got there Sunday after spending the night at Judge's sister's place, and it was mayhem. Tons of baby clothes but only bought two little girl outfits because we figure we will be getting lots of stuff from people (hand-me-downs and then of course Judge's mom's purchases). There were no baby carriers, no maternity cloths, and one not-so-great baby mattress. It was not a total bust though, as a lady who sells cloth diapers here had brought some stuff she was trying to clear out. Ends up we got us 7 shells, 7 or 10 inserts each for newborn and a bit bigger, some organic folding-inserts and something else - all for the whoppingly low price of NT$1650 (approx US$55). Not too shabby if you ask me; perfect to start out as a tester kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment