So, throughout this pregnancy I've been pretty sure we're having a boy. Just had a feeling he was a boy. I knew perhaps the feeling was just because we had already decided on a boy's name, easy-peasy-as-pie to find it.
And I know the ease of choosing a name was because I had spent a long time putting together a list of great boys names for Judge's sister's son at the beginning of this year, with all my favorite names. My number one name that I didn't put on the list at first could have been for a girl or a boy, but in Norwegian it doesn't work so well...used similarly to 'damn'...so I put it on the list in the end.
Anyhow, when we got pregnant and I short-listed the favorite names to really premium ones and read them to Judge, it was an easy pick - there was one that kind of just popped out.
In terms of girls names I've spent LOTS of time searching and thinking as well, but just haven't landed even close to one; I think that is why I felt like we were having a boy.
And then yesterday I did the first session of hypnobabies, where we're supposed to go into relaxation, and part of it is 'meeting our little one'. After the session I realized suddenly the whole time during the 'hanging out together' our little one had been a daughter. Hmmm, interesting.
This morning we went for our 'around 20 weeks' check-up, and the ultrasoundist asked if we knew if we were having a boy or a girl yet. We said we didn't know. She kept moving around trying to get a clear picture, and then asked if we wanted to know. I looked at the monitor and said "We're having a girl!" I had seen the tell-tale 3 white lines (side-note: felt quite the bout of self-satisfaction for having been able to understand what the monitor was showing myself and not have to be told hehe).
EXCITING! Taking a bit to get used to thinking of bebe as a girl though ;P
A girl! I guessed boy for you too, so now I have to reorient. So exciting!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteRight!? :D
ReplyDeleteInterestingly enough, when I did the Chinese prediction calculation before (and got boy) I had forgotten to adjust my age to "Chinese" age~
Used this a couple days ago: http://www.baby2see.com/gender/prediction.html~ Put in 31 as age at conception and conception in July and what do you get? GIRL! Hahah.
LOVE it...and you.
ReplyDelete