[Here you see her long locks...as well as their new play room, off the kitchen]
Later that same day I came out from the bedroom having put Cedrik down for a nap, and came upon Eliana sitting on the bathroom's door stop. She joyfully looks up at me and exclaims "I'm cutting my hair!" And yes indeed, she was.
Though I don't actually have anything against her cutting her hair, I figured it is best if we don't go down that route, so we talked a bit about who is allowed to cut hair in the household (me). As I was doing something else - cleaning up her hair I think, she ducked behind the door that was open and up against the wall, and happily chatted to herself - about cutting hair as she was continuing her hair cutting endeavor. Seems our talk wasn't very effective. I then plopped her in the bathtub to try and even out her 'do. I had to work fast as she kept saying we were finished, and some places were already a bit shorter than the rest of the haircut was turning out, but all in all she really suits a short cut.
[E blowing the candle: "It's shaking its head...it doesn't like it"]
Later that day I decided I wanted to cut my hair again too (last time I cut my hair I tried a new method after looking up some pointers on youtube, to get more of an above-shoulder bob - it worked quite well), so made a pony tail at the nape of my neck and cut of the hair up by the hair band, and then used thinning sheers. The girls were in the bathroom with me when I was doing it. (I had thought about whether or not it was a smart idea to do this with them awake or if I should wait, and just went with it...).
A few days ago, Eliana wanted a pony tail. Though she doesn't have a lot of hair to work with, I was able to give her a tiny one at the nape of her neck.
You probably know where this is heading.
Yep. A while later she comes joyfully over to me, turns her back to me and says "Look! So short!" I look at the pony tail and lo and behold the uneven 0.25-1.0 cm tips were gone and a smooth cut tip that hugged the hair band remained.
The story is never ending. Just now, she was cutting some bags and yarn in the living room beside me, and then suddenly ran into the bathroom (where the light was off) - I figured something might be up, and saw she had dipped in between the door and the wall. I peeked through the crack of the open door (where the hinges are) and you betcha, she was trimming her hair again.
.



No comments:
Post a Comment