Leona (in her usual super animated way): "Yeah, I helped her. I was going to make four, but then I suddenly ran out of hair!"
[L not wanting to push her stroller anymore because she was too tired]
---Kindergarten started this week, and we have resumed our visits, with yesterday being the first time. One of the 5 year old boys bent down and put his face about two-three inches from Eliana's face (I think it was to kind of intimidate her, not in a really mean hearted way, but more to see how she would react...?), and I was ready to jump to her rescue if she showed she wasn't able to negotiate the situation...being used to Leona who is one who really needs her personal space respected while also is more timid or careful in her interactions with people she's not comfortable with.
Eliana looks at him with a confused look as to what in the world is he doing, and then leans forward and gives him a peck on the nose. The bewildered surprise and almost embarrasment on the boy's face coupled with the kind of 'smug and content with herself' look on Eliana's was pretty priceless.

[we got free delivery on an IKEA order of lots of great stuff...score!]
---C turned two months old yesterday, and though this is the third time I'm doing the whole elimination communication thing, it still kind of blows my mind that he pees in the sink 3-6 times a day, and hasn't had a poopy diaper in over 6 weeks (!!!). No, not because of severe constipation, but because he waits until I hold him in the 'pee/poop position', which I of course do multiple times a day including at each diaper change.
[1 month vs 2 months]
.


No comments:
Post a Comment