Monday, May 4, 2015

exploring our surroundings

Yesterday was a phenomenally good day.

In the morning, because I was super tired and felt I wanted to just hunker down and sleep (but knew that Judge was also super tired so if I woke him it would be all the same for the girls in terms of lackluster interactions), I decided to 'take it outside'.

So we got a few layers on - though totally sunny it was still just around 5 degrees C or so, and off we went to check on the lambs in the field across from the church, Leona riding her bike, Eliana walking, and me pushing the stroller (for E to sit in when she wanted).
Eliana is super into water right now - watching the water in rivers, sitting and jumping in puddles, and of course playing with water in the sink and bath tub. So after looking at the sheep and lambs from afar for a bit, we stopped on the bridge and the girls threw the rocks and seaweed they had collected in their jacket pockets a few days ago when we were by the fjordside into the water, and then threw leaves on one side before running to the other side to watch it float past and away.

Then we went to have a closer look at the sheep and lambs, before heading back home to get ready for our next excursion - heading to a nearby lake for a planned camp-fire hot dogs and bread day.
We first drove to the end of the lake, in search for the perfect spot, finding out that it was actually pretty far towards the beginning of the lake - I'm happy we did the full drive though, because we got to do some adventuring - see the beauty and quirkiness that is there.
[Judge and Leona heading to the pebble beach we decided on, to scout out the perfect pit-fire spot]
[around the bend to the left, the view was more spectacular, but the beach not as welcoming]
 
 
[in Norway it's common to make 'stick bread' where you prep the dough at home and then wrap it around sticks and bake it over the camp fire - I wrapped it around a hot dog, as I had made a 50/50 oatmeal/wheat dough so that I could give it a taste]
 
We all absolutely LOVED it there. The girls played separately for the most part, keeping themselves occupied at the water's edge, climbing and collecting things (Leona) and playing with the pebbles (Eliana), for ages. Then they both made themselves comfortable spots to rest for a bit (following Judge's lead).
[Eliana's fleece-lined rain pants and fleecy-furry thick-esque jacket made this a comfortable enough spot it seems]
[Leona, on the other hand, laid down some jackets and sweaters on the grass]

We plan on returning as often as the weather permits, before Cedrik is born, and then probably again in the fall (after exploring for other great spots around the other nearby lakes as well).


.

No comments:

Post a Comment