Thursday, January 1, 2015

child logic is the best

A while back the girls suddenly started pushing their tripp-trapp chairs back after finishing dinner. And when I say 'back' I mean as far as they could push them, so sometimes until they hit the coffee-chairs that are located near our dining table, and sometimes all the way over to their drawing table or almost straight across the living room.

I couldn't for the life of me think of why in the world they were doing this. Until a few days later it dawned on me - they were copying me, of course.

Instead of moving my chair up to the table when done eating, I move it back to the wall by the shelf-n-drawer thing we have there, as it is then more out of the way. I also push the other chairs back to the wall, as it is easier to get by them when we need to (they can't be shoved all the way under the table, and so it is easier to slide past the fronts than the backs). Probably makes as much sense to them as their pushing their chairs did to me...'it's just the way we do things in this house'.
[so you see the set-up I'm talking about]



.

No comments:

Post a Comment