Sunday, August 10, 2014

loom-inuation

Unfortunately because of my chosen material, the top bar kept loosening a little and spinning down, making the strings looser as well. This, of course, was not something Leona felt bummed about. At. All.:


I wish I had recorded a longer clip on my camera (I cut over to record on Instagram, but with my Window's phone it is a usually-miss deal ... upload error, and so I lose all the good clips. Arg), but this gives you an idea. She was singing like this and working on the loom for ages.
[Her finished work (she stood there for a good couple minutes monologuing)]

I tried first to just add an extra nail, but that wasn't working for me. So I got some triangle blocks from her toy stash and hammered them to the top corners as stabilizers. Or, one of them I should say. Those little suckers are made of some hard wood! The nails kept bending, so for the other corner I found a piece of kindling and nailed it in place. These beautifications detract from the overall look, but function over fashion I say. Plus, don't think the girls will think any less of it.

She calls it a gate, I think because it reminds her of the baby proofing gates we have around the house (as seen tucked away against the wall in the background below), which she also doesn't hesitate to tie things to, needless to say.
[I fixed half the string, Leona fixed the other half]
 
 
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment