Saturday, December 7, 2013

Mobility and investigation

Eliana has a really strong ability to focus on what she's doing for relatively long periods of time, and is getting really good at moving around the floor - not scooting yet, but swivelling and rolling.

The other day she rolled back and forth, playing --investigating-- with different toys for a total of about 20 minutes.

I know for most of you this clip is more of a fast-forward-through-it-with-tiny-stops-here-and-there (or skip all together) kind of clip, but for a few (one at least) that are fascinated by babies investigating, this is a good one, in my non-biased opinion of course, as you can really see the cogs turning.

At the start of the clip she is playing with a little rattle that she had been banging on the tiled floor and mat (getting the different sounds) for about 7 minutes - I have the last 15 sec or so, before she moves on to a cloth book I made for Leona when she was about this age...Leona had zero interest in it though, so for me it is especially fun seeing someone be so into it.

She also plays another favorite game of hers with her pacifier, which is grab, mouth, toss to hopefully a difficult distance, then stretch and reach and try to grab again.

At the end I go to pick her up, but her hand had bumped into a 3M post-it dispenser and it caught her interest for another three min or so.

She has also started to do the baby-sign we use for nurse (open and close hand), very conciously and intently, staring at her hand when she does it...but I know there is no link yet for her between the sign and nursing ... just another developmental interest she's into right now.

Because of this, though, I dreamt last night that she was able to talk, where she said sit and stand, and "Can I use a spoon?" I was shocked to say the least, as she is, after all, only 5.5 months old ;)



.

No comments:

Post a Comment