Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Royal travel companion

When we were checking in the luggage from Tromsoe to Oslo there was a lady standing to the side with tons of bags, and police bringing more in for her. Judge commented on it, but I just shrugged and didn't take a closer look at her. When we got on the flight, instead of just 'Ladies and Gentlemen' they always started with 'Your Majesty, Ladies and Gentlemen'. So that explained it, she was some kind of European royal; Judge mentioned that when we were waiting at the gate, she had been sitting alone at one of the tables there, reading a book.

Anyhow, a friendly flight attendant came over after dropping off Leona's plane-toys, and asked Leona if she could hold her (and then looked at us asking with her eyes as well) - and surprisingly enough Leona actually reached out her hands to be picked up! So she picked her up, and asked if she could take her for a walk - and I said as long as Leona is fine with it, it is ok. So they went to the front of the cabin - I thought for a moment she would take her in to the cockpit but nope - and then they stopped on the way back saying hi to someone - I saw Leona pointing at the person, and the flight attendant wanting to bring her finger down, but not actually doing it really actively.

When they came back, the flight attendant said: "So now she's said hi to - and pointed at - the Queen." "Which Queen?" I asked. "Queen Sonja" (the queen of Norway), "she really loves kids, and waved back at her with both of her hands."

Pretty darned cool if you ask me. Not only that Leona got to say hi to the Queen and the Queen interacted with her personally, but that the Queen travelled so unobtrusevly. No own plane, no blocking us off, just travelling like any one of us...except for the masses of luggage and police help.

Since I didn't get a chance to capture it live, we got this shot in walking through the international departures section in Oslo:


.

No comments:

Post a Comment