Sunday, June 24, 2012

my second midnight sun run

June 2nd, the first night the sun didn't dip completely down behind the mountain from our view, I took a run of photos every 30 minutes from 9:20pm until 1:50am (with an extra one at midnight for good measure), and put together the following 'sun-run' (pictures only cropped, not edited):


The plan was to do another one at the hight of summer - June 21. But, as luck would have it, it was not only cloudy and rainy on the 21nd, but it was also a Thursday, meaning I had work on Friday, so for all intents and purposes it was a no-go.

Today, however, on midsummer night's eve, the skies are not only clear, but it's also Saturday, and thus I did another almost identical run - minus the 9:20 and midnight shots (again, only cropped):


To be honest I thought there would be more of a difference in hight of the sun at her lowest. Hrm.

...I think I may play a bit with the contrast, but for now, off to bed!



.

2 comments:

  1. I have been here for 28 years, and always thought; next year I do this.
    You came here six months ago and already nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe - I've been extraordinarily lucky with our location - so easy to jump out the door and snap the shots and jump back inside to continue watching the movie. So had no choice but to take advantage of it while we could :P

    ReplyDelete