The coordination between signing potty, sitting on the potty, and the timing of the actual 'eliminations' has been off for a while now. Though I try not to get disappointed, hidden in my heart I do (?) ... or something less than ecstatic at least. Often she will sign after she has peed, in which case after a dry spell on the potty the barely-wet diaper of course has to be eliminated itself.
I thought maybe it was partially due to her quite enjoying our trips to the bathroom, where she would sit on the potty on the counter by the sink and take things in and out of the cupboard and play with various toys. So, I started to bring the potty into the living-room (also because it is more convenient, seeing as she signs potty all.the.time).
Then I started to think that part of it may be the fact that we've switched to disposable diapers here in Norway - that perhaps this makes it more difficult for her to quite catch when exactly she's peeing.
To try to get a handle on it, I've started to let her go diaper free sometimes. Well, 'sometimes' may be a bit of an exaggeration - today was the second time, and she had about 1.5 hours of her bum literally swimming free in her pants, after her afternoon nap.
Our track-record during and after the diaper-free time: 3 pees on the floor, 3 in the potty, 1 number-2's on the potty, and maybe 5 (?) potty-sittings with no action - other than playing with toes and toys:
[Mouth full of banana, Leona-Lion in hand, enjoying her potty experience to the fullest]
Compared to all the dry potty-sitting she's been enjoying over the past longesque while, this was not too shabby!
And I think it's good for her to get some real air circulating around her toosh-area.
.


No comments:
Post a Comment