Monday, July 5, 2010

scooting

Judge and I don't need to fly to the beautiful beaches of Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand for great relaxation and adventure. All we need is my crappy old scooter and a nice sunny day.

And that, my friends, we had this past weekend. See - summer has arrived! And I mean hot-hot-heat kind of summer.

We bought us some deep-fried chicken nuggets (Taiwan style), deep-fried doughy-goodness (also obviously Taiwan style...they call it tempura...but it's not Japanese tempura...it's doughy-goodness), wonderful qin-tea (qin is the level between green and oolong), then into the mountains we went.

Oh how I love living so close to the mountains! It's lush greenness, fresh naturally air-conditioned air, winding roads, and friendly Tai-ya (Da-yen) people who wave and shout hello to us (or, technically me) when we ride by - all of these are rejuvenating for the mind, body and soul.

First we stopped by the river-side to eat us our deliciousness.



[A something-or-other on a neighboring rock.]

Then it was up, up, up. At a t-bone cross-roads we came upon a camp-ground and some shops, and took in the view.


[You can see the blue-blue sky! Not so common here, due to high levels of haze - most of it probably smog - as can be seen down towards the far-off distance.]

Then, when we were back into town and riding our secret road between his hometown and our current town, we caught a most amazing sun-set.


Now that is what I call a wonderful day!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment